Wednesday, August 27, 2008

If Today Is Tomorrow...

Then it's THURSDAY! HAHA! I wish! So, I'm getting really really excited that there's only 2 more work days left this week, and then my baby shower + a 3 day weekend! That is going to be SO nice! I can't wait! The baby shower is going to be great! I have decided I don't care if a lot of people don't show up(no offense if you can't come.. I"m just saying I understand and am not going to be upset). I know that my family, Rick's REAL parents (Irene & Dan), Crystal, Laura, Nicole, Wayne, Katy & husband, Heather & her husband, & some others will be there! Unfortunately, Uncle Sam has screwed me again! My brother won't be coming home until it's looking like October! UGH! I am thankful for everything he does for our country and all, but at the same time I get a little bit sad inside! ANY WAY, I can't wait for everyone to see the house! I have kind of pieced it together! I have been trying really hard to find things to put up on the walls. I know the last time we had people over I had NOTHING put up haha! So, this time, I at least got some of our pictures up! Plus, we have finally gotten all the black out drapes for our house. That was a chore in itself! Buying drapes for like 18 windows that are really odd sized! Any way glad that's over! On the other hand, I was hoping to have Abby's room set up, but I don't have any of her stuff in yet. My dad is one of those superstitious "don't buy anything before the baby gets here" type people. He just so happens to be the one that's buying all of her bedroom furniture! AH! Go figure huh?!?! So, I won't have her room done until after we come home! So, don't expect any pictures until after she gets here! Then I am going to go into overly productive mood and get to cranking on that bedroom! I can't wait! Her bedding is too darn cute! It's a green/pink paisley pattern. I am doing her room kind of like a chic cowgirl type theme. I even have a stuffed animal looking rocking horse to go in her room! I can't wait! Any way, so most of you don't know, but Rick's step sister Jennifer moved in with us. She had gotten married, and moved away to Arizona, but things changed, her husband is a lying/cheating sack of you know what... so we extended our home and hearts to her and her two children, Macie and Dominick. I was never very skeptical about letting her into our home seeing as she is Rick's step dad Dan's daughter, and I know she is a good person just for that fact, because, well, Dan is awesome! Any way, she and my mother have both been my saving grace these past 2 weeks. I just can't find the energy after I get home from a long day at work to do anything but head my big bellied self upstairs to our cave like coldness of a room, prop my feet up on a pillow, and just lay there and relax watching lots of MTV or medical shows. I gotta say, it's been very nice to be able to do that, but on the other hand, I feel like they may be spoiling me too much! Last weekend, was the FIRST weekend in my ENTIRE pregnancy I didn't do a darn thing. I mean I literally slept all weekend, no joke. It was nice, and I have been so rested this week. My pregnancy really hasn't been that bad. I know they always say the baby will keep you up all night, but strangely, Abigail is only active during the day when I am active, and doesn't move around at night. So, I am able to sleep (if I can turn my head off and get out of the "to do list" craziness that's in my head) through the night with the occassional potty breaks. I can sleep on my side and on my belly if I get a pillow and kind of tilt myself. It hasn't been bad. I don't have ANY cravings. NONE! I have more aversions to food than anything else! I can't STAND meat right now. I would rather have me a bowl of cereal or some donuts. Ok, so I guess I do crave things, but I LOVED cereal before I was pregnant. So, I don't know! All I know is I will be 34 weeks pregnant this Saturday! Not much longer to go, and the weather is suppose to be getting cooler! So, that's not bad either! I keep getting scared b/c my belly is dropping, but I guess it's about time for her to be making her way there. I haven't had any "false" contractions. Well, I have but not noticable enough to even gripe about it. I am just mostly achy and tired, but from about 6am-3pm I could do ANYTHING! Seriously, I feel I could run a marathon! Then after 3... well my energy goes bye-bye and the sleepy eyes set in! Any way, after the baby shower, I shall post some pictures(if I can figure out HOW), and let all of you know how it goes... since you know, I'm letting the husband have a pony keg. HA! I know, I'm strange, but I want everyone to have FUN! I can always go to bed whenever I want... =-)

Until then...

2 comments:

Ape said...

so i couldn't eat meat AT ALL when i was preggo with Audree. The site, smell and even thought of it made me want to puke!! I wish I could be at the shower, but Audree is getting Baptized Sat. I hope you get lots of goodies!! P.S. I need more belly pics PLEASE!! haha

Anonymous said...

i found u! man u are so lucky to have them at the house it sounds like! u will REEEAAALLLY want them there when the baby is here! i dont know what i wouldve done w/o my families help.. bc i had to be stuck in bed the first week we were home so someone had to help the 1st time daddy!! haha anyways cant wait to see shower pics :)