Monday, August 4, 2008

Long time no hear!

Ok, so I haven't done this in quite some time now! Goodness! I never have been good at the whole "jourmal upkeep". Well, as many of you know we are having a baby girl! We still haven't gotten her room done, but the rest of the house has come together quite perfectly. Still don't have picture frames for all of our engagement/wedding portraits. I just right now, can not make myself spend so much money on frames! I am a cheap skate, really, I am! However, after 2 months of fighting with myself, Rick and I picked out that paint for Abigail's room sometime in June. I can't wait to see what it looks like when my Uncle John gets back from Tennessee! The baby shower is set for August 30. I couldn't have picked a better date!! My brother, who amazingly has been sooo supportive of my little family, will be coming home for some R & R around that time! How perfect! I was so excited to hear that he would be coming home for that, and that somehow, I had managed to plan this shower around him! Especially since he deployed the day of my wedding. I just thought to myself how things work out in mysterious ways! I had NO clue he would be able to come home this soon! I am oh so excited though! Well, more about pregnancy... we can definitely see & feel Abby lots lately! August 2nd(Saturday night), Rick and I could feel her little head! He kissed it and told her how much he loved her. It's the sweetest thing ever. Any time he can feel her at all he gets real close to my tummy and says, "Abby girl, it's daddy I love you." It's so sweet it almost tears me up right now just thinking about it. Those are the times I want to put in my memory box and never ever forget! AGH! Any way, I have only gained 11 lbs so far! I am very excited about that! I did start off a little bit on the heavy side. So, me not gaining oodles of weight has been a big accomplishment to me! Any way, all is good in the Warden family right now. I will post more, sometime later. I work all the time, and I just found out today that I'm not eligible for FMLA. So, I had planned to take off 12 weeks starting September 8-November 28, I can't! The most time off, UNPAID, I can have here is 6 weeks, but HR will make an exception and extend it to 7 weeks since the week I will come back (provided Abby makes her debut October 11 as planned) would be Thanksgiving week, and we get off that Tuesday. So, two work days is pointless. Any way, I am severly bummed now! I don't feel like I have any time to get the last few things done, and on the weekends I am so tired from working all week that all I want to do is rest. Plus, by some odd mishap, I have severe depression coupled with insomnia, which as you know, doesn't make depression better! UGH! I don't know what to do! I really wanted to take off next month, and prepare, but I have to work up until the day I deliever! I can't believe this! I am so ticked! So, when I find some more time I will update... Until then....

0 comments: